Dry cough remedies for adults are a perfect solution to cure this condition caused due to various factors such as exposure to airborne infections, inhalation of chemicals, changes in weather condition, smoking and atmospheric dust and pollutants. An adult with dry cough often experiences pain in the throat, head and overall body. The condition usually tends to worsens in the night and can often lead to various other respiratory disorders if not treated in a proper manner. However, using natural dry cough remedies for adults can prove to be highly beneficial in curing this condition in a safe and effective manner.
Natural Remedies for Coughing
Here are a list of dry cough remedies at home which you can easily find at your house kitchen.
- Honey and lemon.This natural dry cough remedy for adults requires you to mix one cup of honey and two to three tablespoons of lime juice in one cup of warm water. The fact that you can alter the measurements according to your taste, drinking this delicious and refreshing herbal drink is a perfect natural remedy to cure dry cough in an effective manner.
- Turmeric and Milk. Adding half a teaspoon of turmeric in a glass of warm milk and drinking it before going to bed is one of the most effective remedies for adults. Using this natural remedy will not only help soothe dry cough, but will also help you enjoy some sound sleep.
- Ginger. Using this natural ingredient in different ways is considered one of the most popular dry cough remedies for adults. Drinking herbal tea prepared by boiling grated ginger, lemon juice, black peeper and holy basil or consuming a mixture made of one tablespoon of honey, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger and red pepper, one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and two tablespoon of water, can go a long way in soothing dry cough in adults in a positive manner.
- Salt. Using saltwater gargle is perhaps one the easiest dry cough remedies for adults. For this remedy, you are required to mix 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water till it dissolves completely. Gargling with this warm water at regular intervals (between two to three hours) can help heal dry cough in adults in an effective manner.
Some Effective Remedies for Adults
There are also lots of different types of remedies why is commonly used. Here are some of them:
- Eucalyptus and Mint. Using a handful of eucalyptus and mint leaves in a pot of boiling water and inhaling the fumes for a few minutes, makes this natural remedy one of the simplest dry cough remedies for adults. However, it is important that you avoid going too close to the pot and gently inhale fumes to experience positive results.
- Onion Juice. This solution for dry cough is one of those remedies that not only helps suppress dry cough, but also soothes chest congestion. Mixing two teaspoon of honey in the extract of one onion juice can prove to be helpful in curing dry cough in a successful manner.
Using these simple home remedies for adults can go a long way in not only curing dry cough in an effective manner, but also making you feel comfortable, thereby allowing you to do your daily activities with great ease.